28 Speerstown Road
, Co. Antrim
, BT42 3DD
This superb property is a small holding set on an elevated site of approximately 5 acres with magnificent views of the surrounding countryside. The property is centrally located, 8 miles from Ballymena, Antrim and Doagh and is within easy commuting distance of Belfast. The bungalow extends to more than 2000 sq ft with a large 3-4 car garage under the property and a further basement store/workshop of 1000 sq ft. The roof-space is beamed and ready for conversion, if required, to provide further accommodation in excess of 1500 sq ft. Combined, the property has the potential to be approximately 4500 sq ft. Access is via a long private lane, offering privacy with no houses in close proximity. There is an extensive asphalt driveway providing ample parking and a concrete laneway to a yard and modern 1300 sq ft barn with full height sliding door. The grounds surrounding the property are outstanding, with an ornamental landscaped garden, a large field with substantial pond/lake and island with two streams, all providing an idyllic setting.
- Entrance porch 11'11" x 7'2"
- PVC door to front with double glazed side screens. Twin gable side windows, telephone point, ceramic tiled floor, twin panelled pine doors opening to reception hall.
- Reception Hall
- Laminate wood floor. Solid 6 panel and glass panel doors throughout.
- Lounge 22'11" x 14'9"
- Antique circa 1850 large oak fireplace with cast iron inset and tiled hearth. Ornamental plaster architrave. Front full height picture window, twin full height gable side windows, twin wall light points, television and telephone points, access through double french doors to sun lounge.
- Sun Lounge 12'1" x 14'9"
- PVC double glazed frames and twin french doors leading to large rear sun balcony overlooking the pond, field and streams. Ceramic tiled floor. All 9 sun lounge windows open, ceiling fan. Decking to balcony ( 15'4" x 7'5" ). Stunning uninterrupted views towards Slemish.
- Family room/Bedroom 4 14'8" x 11'10"
- Superb oak mantle with inset multi fuel stove.Television point, full height picture front window. Also suitable for use as a bedroom.
- Kitchen/Dining room 16'6" x 14'8"
- Range of quality high and low level units in light oak finish. Laminate work tops. Glazed display cabinets and open display cabinet. Large larder, New Gas range with electric oven , extractor fan, plumbed for dishwasher or washing machine, White ceramic sink unit with mixer taps, complimentary wall tiling, ceramic tiled floor, 6 ceiling spots plus center 4 spot light unit. Full height picture window. Television and telephone point.
- Utility Room / Rear Entrance 11'10" x 11'10"
- PVC double glazed door, plumbed for washing machine, ample sockets, space for tumble dryer. Ceramic tiled floor.
- Master Bedroom 4.93m x 3.61m (16'2" x 11'10")
- Large PVC window overlooking rear field. Television and telephone point. Spacious walk-in dressing room ( 8'4" x 5'7" ) with fitted shelving.
- Ensuite 2.57 x 1.72 (8'5" x 5'7")
- Newly refitted Ensuite with shower cubicle and wall mounted wash hand basin and low level W/C, matching ceramic tiled walls and floor.
- Bedroom 2 3.61m x 3.61m (11'10" x 11'10")
- Television point. Full height picture window. Large built-in wardrobe.
- Bedroom 3 14'8" x 11'10"
- Television point. Large uPVC windows with views over surrounding countryside.
- Luxury fully tiled Bathroom 11'9" x 6'11"
- Newly refitted bathroom with 12 jet whirlpool bath,shower cubicle, wall mounted wash hand basin and low level W/C, matching ceramic tiled walls and floor. Wall mounted mirror with integral lighting.
- Rear Hall
- Door to large shelved hot-press, lagged cylinder immersion heater. Door to storage area for ironing board. New shower pump serving both showers.
- Access to roof space
- Suitable for conversion with potential of additional 1500 sq ft of accommodation, steel beams and excellent height. Plans previously drawn for up to 4 bedrooms with Juliette balcony overlooking the pond, streams and uninterrupted views towards Slemish. Partly floored. Light.
- Basement Garage 34'9" x 16'0"
- Storage for 3-4 cars, roller shutter door, fluorescent lighting and power points. Generator point for provision of electricity to property if necessary. Twin PVC double glazed windows, security light, doorway to:-
- Integrated Store 15'10" x 30'4"
- Twin uPVC doors accessing front and rear of the property, fluorescent lighting, plumbed for installation of W/C, shower and wash hand basin. With appropriate planning approval the integrated store / garage area may provide additional accommodation in excess of 1000 sq ft. Alternatively, may be suitable for running a business from home, storage or additional utility room area.
- Modern Barn 28'11" x 45'11"
- 6ft heavy duty green steel fencing providing large fully secure area and turning circle with 3 access points. Perimeter stock fencing.
- Oil fired central heating with new boiler.
Interested in this property?
Fill in your details below and a member of our team will get back to you.