41 Greenfield Road
, Co. Antrim
, BT42 3NG
- Beautifully Restored Beetling Mill
- Working Water Wheel (now Hydro Electrical)
- Mature Site Circa 1 Acre
- Kellswater River Flowing Through Garden
- Full Planning Permission For Additional Barn Conversion
- Barn Would Be Ideal AirBnB / Granny Flat
Country Estates are delighted to bring to market "Whiggleton Mill" which dates from circa late 1830's. The mill was once a linen beetling mill. This home has been sympathetically and beautifully restored into a modern family home set in a mature site of circa one acre on the edge of the historic village of Kells. This home is a utopia for a growing family who enjoy the outdoors and entertaining, with the Kellswater River flowing through the gardens and a water wheel with a wind turbine which has the potential to provide an electrical supply. The property has two entrances, one over a Ford off the Greenfield Road, and laneway access via the Grove Road, both entrances have electric gates. There are few opportunities to acquire a home with this character and potential within County Antrim and we thoroughly recommend a viewing of of this stunning property.
- GROUND FLOOR
- Entrance Hall
- Tiled flooring and cloak space.
- Bedroom 1 - Front 6.48 x 4.84 (21'3" x 15'10")
- Bedroom 2 - Side 3.14 x 4.84 (10'3" x 15'10")
- Tiled flooring.
- Bedroom 3 - Rear 3.78 x 3.72 (12'4" x 12'2")
- Tiled flooring.
- Family Bathroom 2.76 x 3.23 (9'0" x 10'7")
- Free standing roll top bath. Shower/wet room with shower head. LFWC. WHB in pedestal. Tiled flooring.
- Utility Area
- Belfast sink. Plumbed for washing machine.
- FIRST FLOOR
- Living Room 6.77 x 7.05 (22'2" x 23'1")
- Recessed wood burning stove. Vaulted ceiling with exposed beams and stone work. Solid oak flooring.
- Kitchen/Dining Room 7.70 x 5.16 (25'3" x 16'11")
- Fitted high and low level wall units with sink. Central Island. Electric hob and oven. Integrated fridge/freezer and dishwasher. Tiled floor. Multi fuel stove. Access to balcony.
- A decked balcony at first floor level, overlooking the gardens and river.
- Shower Room 2.07 x 3.78 (6'9" x 12'4")
- Fitted with shower, LFWC, WHB. Ceramic tiled flooring.
- SECOND FLOOR
- Bedroom 4 7.26 x 4.76 (23'9" x 15'7")
- Built in robe. WHB. Access to eave storage. Laminate flooring.
- Set on site of circa one acre this property is a true mix with mature gardens, formal lawns, and mature woodlands and river and mill races. There are very few homes where you can fish from the comfort of your own home, or alternatively enjoy the evening sun from the balcony overlooking to gardens and river.
- Proposed Barn Conversion
- Full Planning Permission has been granted for conversion of the existing barn LA02/2020/0918/F dated 12/03/2021 into a three bedroom (two en-suite) and open plan living cottage. This property would be absolutely ideal for AirBnB or a "Granny Flat".
Interested in this property?
Fill in your details below and a member of our team will get back to you.