"The Station House"
28 Dunadry Road
, Co. Antrim
, BT41 2RR
- Entrance hall with fully tiled floor / Feature staircase to first floor
- Living room with feature "Belfast" brick fire surround and inset cast iron stove / Double glazed French doors to rear / Open plan to;
- Galley style kitchen with full range of high and low level units / Freestanding "Rangemaster" range with 5No. gas burners, electric and gas ovens / Freestanding fridge / freezer and dishwasher
- Rear hall with access to Utility Room
- Dining room with feature "Inglenook" style fireplace and inset cast iron stove
- Inner hall with access to Ground floor Shower room with W/C
- Lounge / Bedroom 4
- Three first floor bedrooms
- Bathroom with modern white 4 piece suite to include panel bath and separate shower
- Partial double glazed windows (PVC and hardwood) / Oil-fired central heating / Spacious elevated site / Off-street private parking and semi-detached garage
This is an exceptionally rare opportunity to purchase one of the most iconic houses in the hamlet of Dunadry; occupying an elevated site adjacent to the stone railway bridge on the Dunadry Road with superb views along the road and over the Six Mile Water. Originally the former Station Master's house, the property has been improved and upgraded over the years to make it a comfortable family home. Despite this, the current owners acknowledge that the property may benefit from further improvements and possible extension and are happy that their home has been priced to allow any purchasers to reconfigure or extend to suit their own personal requirements. Currently boasting four bedrooms, one of which is on the ground floor and adjacent to a shower room with W/C, the flexible layout has a generous dining room with feature fireplace and cast iron stove together with an open plan living room with feature reclaimed "Belfast" brick fireplace and additional feature stove plus large format double glazed French doors to the private rear patio. With the living room open to the galley style kitchen, this cosy space serves as the hub of the home complemented by easy access to the utility room and the extensive outdoor patio area.
Only on full internal inspection can one begin to appreciate the opportunity that this superb home offers.
Early viewing strongly recommended.
- Hardwood panelled front door with double locking system to;
- ENTRANCE HALL
- Ceramic tiled floor.
Feature return 'dog leg' stairwell accessing first floor with windows on each half landing.
2No. hardwood glass panelled internal doors accessing kitchen and dining room.
- LIVING ROOM 4.22m x 3.66m (13'10" x 12'0" )
- Hole in the wall style fire opening with antique "Belfast" brick built fireplace and pitch pine mantle. Inset cast iron wood burning "Morso" stove. Hardwood double glazed French doors accessing extensive rear patio and garden. Ceramic tile flooring. Twin wall light points. Open plan into:-
- KITCHEN 2.44m x 3.81m (8'0" x 12'6")
- Range of modern fitted high and low level units in maple finish and contrasting work surfaces. Freestanding "Rangemaster" cooker with 5 ring gas hob and integrated gas and electric ovens. Overhead pyramid style extractor unit. Inlaid stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap. Freestanding dishwasher and fridge freezer included. Complementary wall tiling. Ceramic tile flooring. Open arch into dining room.
- REAR HALL 4.42m x 1.14m (14'6" x 3'9")
- Hardwood double glazed back door and side window. Pine panelled ceiling.
- UTILITY ROOM/ BOILER HOUSE 2.67m x 1.83m (8'9" x 6'0")
- Inlaid stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap. Plumbed for automatic washing machine. Pine panelled ceiling. Ceiling mounted laundry pulley
- DINING ROOM 4.32m x 3.66m (14'2" x 12'0" )
- Inglenook style fireplace with raised slate hearth and rustic mantle. Inset 'Charnwood' multi solid fuel cast iron stove inset with twin glass doors. Ceramic tile floor.
- INNER HALLWAY
- With window to floor level. Access to:-
- GROUND FLOOR SHOWER ROOM
- With shower installation, low flush W/C and pedestal wash hand basin. Ceramic tiled floor.
- LOUNGE / BEDROOM 4 5.44m x 2.79m (17'10" x 9'2")
- Recessed ceiling lights. Dimmer light switch. Suited for use as bedroom 4.
- FIRST FLOOR LANDING
- With access to roof space. Solid pine four panel doors to all rooms.
- BEDROOM 1 3.66m x 3.12m (12'0" x 10'3")
- Louvered doors to built-in cupboard.
- BEDROOM 2 3.66m x 3.12m (12'0" x 10'3")
- Louvered doors into built-in wardrobe.
- BEDROOM 3 2.39m x 2.44m (7'10" x 8'0")
- FULLY TILED BATHROOM
- With four piece white suite comprising panelled bath, pedestal wash hand basin, low flush W/C and corner quadrant shower cubicle with sliding screen doors and electric "Mira" power shower. Matching ceramic tiled floor.
- Rear elevation (back garden) - Private site with extensive patio area. Raised lawn with mature hedge and trees forming the boundary to the railway line. Detached timber framed Garden House with covered Veranda 8'4" x 8'3"
Attractive side garden in neat lawn with stone patio area enjoying delightful views of the blackstone railway bridge and Six Mile Water River.
Spacious open aspect at front elevation overlooking the wooded riverbank and railway bridge.
- SEMI-DETACHED GARAGE 8.18m x 2.95m (26'10" x 9'8")
- Water and electric connected. Rear door accessing the back garden. Up and over door accessing spacious shared private parking area at gable side for two cars.
- IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL POTENTIAL PURCHASERS;
- Please note, none of the services or appliances have been tested at this property.
Interested in this property?
Fill in your details below and a member of our team will get back to you.