28 Old Galgorm Road
, Co. Antrim
, BT42 1AL
- Red Lodge, 28 Old Galgorm Road, Ballymena
- Absolutely Unique Opportunity to Acquire Property in Prime Location.
- Dwelling of Circa 271sqm / 2,918sqft
- Mature, Landscaped & Private site of circa 2no. Acres
- Triple Garages
- Development Potential (Subject to Planning etc)
- No Onward Chain
Country Estates are delighted to bring to the market, "Red Lodge" positioned on the very desirable Old Galgorm Road, in Ballymena. This is an extremely rare opportunity to acquire a stunning and substantial (circa 271sqm / 2,918sqft), well maintained family home in one of the town's most exclusive residential areas. This bespoke family home has well proportioned accommodation over two floors and includes four reception rooms, five bedrooms, two bathrooms and ample parking. Accessed via a gated sweeping driveway from the Old Galgorm Road the property occupies a mature and landscaped site, of circa two acres providing absolute privacy to the occupier.
"Red Lodge" is an outstanding and must see family home and enjoys a countryside setting and is yet only a short distance from Ballymena Town and all its amenities. Galgorm Golf Club and the river path walks are also nearby. For families with children of School age; Ballymena Academy and Cambridge House Grammar Schools are a short walk away, and for the commuter all main commuter routes are easily accessible. Viewings are strictly by appointment through Country Estates.
- GROUND FLOOR
- Front Porch
- Tiled floor.
- Entrance Hall
- Feature stained glass bay window. 2no, picture lights. Oak ceiling beams.
- Lounge 4.38 x 4.85 (14'4" x 15'10")
- Recessed gas fire set within an inglenook sand stone fireplace. 2no. wall picture lights. Ceiling coving.
- Living Room 5.53 x 4.22 (18'1" x 13'10")
- Gas fire with sandstone fireplace. Sliding patio doors leading to patio and or front gardens. Double doors to dining room. TV Cabinet. Ceiling coving.
- Dining Room 4.22 x 3.59 (13'10" x 11'9")
- Ceiling coving.
- Rear Hallway
- Solid oak flooring.
- Kitchen 5.47 x 4.15 (17'11" x 13'7")
- Refitted Robinson kitchen units, central island and large larder cupboard. Solid granite worktops, upstands and splashback. Multi fuel Aga range cooker (electric oven/grill and gas hob) within inglenook and extractor. Double bowl stainless steel Franke sink with mixer and Quooker tap. Integrated Siemens fridge, microwave oven and new Siemens dishwasher. Space for informal family dining table. Italian tile floor.
- Sun Room 3.22 x 4.10 (10'6" x 13'5")
- Vaulted ceiling with painted tongue and groove ceiling. Recessed Sanderson blinds. Double doors leading to front patio.
- Utility Room 2.84 x 2.08 (9'3" x 6'9")
- High and low wall units with stainless steel sink. Plumbed for washing machine and space for tumble dryer and freezer. Tiled floor and walls.
- Shower Room 2.13 x 2.00 (6'11" x 6'6")
- Fitted with WC, WHB and digital power shower. Tiled floor and 1/2 wall. Ceiling coving.
- Family Bathroom 3.51 x 2.07 (11'6" x 6'9")
- Refitted suite with contemporary style LFWC, WHB, free standing bath. Quad shower with digital power shower. Chrome towel radiator. Tiled floor and 1/2 wall.
- Study / Bedroom 5 3.80 x 3.03 (12'5" x 9'11")
- Currently utilised as a home office, but would be ideal as Bedroom 5. Ceiling coving.
- Bedroom 1 - Front 3.36 x 4.77 (11'0" x 15'7")
- Built in robes.
- Bedroom 2 - Front 3.64 x 3.63 (11'11" x 11'10")
- Ceiling coving.
- FIRST FLOOR
- Landing with study area and loft access.
- Bedroom 3 - Front 4.22 x 2.83 (13'10" x 9'3")
- Built in desk and wardrobes.
- Bedroom 4 - Side 4.447 x 3.60 (max) (14'7" x 11'9" (max))
- Detached Triple Garages 6.3 x 3.2 (20'8" x 10'5")
- Garages with fully electric insulated doors. Power and lighting.
- Outside WC
- WC and WHB.
- Boiler House and Store
- The property is set on a site of circa 2no. acres of mature and landscaped gardens with extensive lawns. Brick paved patio off the sunroom with water feature. Elevated and flagged patio to the rear. Large timber shed circa 20' x 10' upon a concrete base. Asphalt driveway and parking areas to front and rear.
- DEVELOPMENT POTENTIAL
- There may be development potential within the property demise with the potential of acquiring circa 3no. dwelling sites within the lower section of the gardens and retaining the main family dwelling and circa 1no. acre of gardens. Please note that any potential development is subject to the Purchaser obtaining all relevant statutory consents and easements etc.
Interested in this property?
Fill in your details below and a member of our team will get back to you.