This is an incredible opportunity for developers and home owners alike to purchase a substantially renovated and extended three bedroom detached, mostly stone cottage occupying a large, prime site on the corner of the Killead Road and Drennans Road in the hamlet of Killead close to Belfast International Airport and with easy access to Nutts Corner, Templepatrick, Crumlin and Antrim where most amenities and transport facilities are readily accessible. With the additional benefit of a Marks & Spenser food hall and several eateries nearby, the property also boasts a generous adjoining paddock that may be suitable for a future development (subject to necessary approvals).
For those who don't wish to further upgrade the existing house, planning permission has been granted it's replacement with five new apartments with associated parking and amenity area designed to replicate a large country house with spacious gardens.
Only on full internal inspection can one begin to appreciate the scope and opportunity of this super detached property.
Early viewing strongly recommended.
- PVC double glazed entrance door to;
- PORCH 1.80m x 3.51m (5'11 x 11'6)
- PVC double glazed window. Open to;
- ENTRANCE HALL
- LOUNGE / BEDROOM 1 3.53m x 3.33m (11'7 x 10'11)
- (max) Double radiator.
- LIVINGROOM 3.61m x 3.40m (11'10 x 11'2)
- Open fire with rustic pine surround and matching over mantle mirror. Double radiator. Staircase to first floor.
- REAR HALL 2.90m x 7.04m (9'6 x 23'1)
- Fully tiled floor. Half wood strip walls. PVC double glazed door to rear. Single glazed window to rear. Electric meter cupboard. Double radiator.
- KITCHEN WITH INFORMAL DINING AREA 5.13m x 4.85m (16'10 x 15'11)
- (max) Full range of high and low level units with contrasting work surfaces. Double drainer stainless steel sink unit and mixer taps. Space for cooker. Plumbed for washing machine. 2No. Cloak cupboards. Double radiator.
- BEDROOM 1 3.63m x 3.00m (11'11 x 9'10)
- Double radiator.
- BATHROOM 2.74m x 1.83m (9' x 6')
- 'Pampas' coloured suit comprising panel bath with 'Triton' electric shower over. Low flush W/C and pedestal wash hand basin. Half tiled wall. Extractor fan. Single radiator.
- FIRST FLOOR LANDING
- Feature Gothic gable end window.
- INNER BEDROOM 2.77m x 1.65m (9'1 x 5'5)
- Opaque window for borrowed light from landing. Single radiator.
- BEDROOM 2 3.61m x 3.38m (11'10 x 11'1)
- (max) Gothic style gable side window. Double doors to built-in wardrobe. Access to attic. Hot-press with insulated copper cylinder and imersion heater. Shelving above.
- Wrought iron gate to front with gardens to front and side in lawn. Post and wire fencing. Large paddock beyond.
Double entrance gates at side to concrete yard to side and rear. Parking for 6 plus cars. Access to;
- DETATCHED GARAGE 5.08m x 3.35m (16'8 x 11')
- Up and over door.
- IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL POTENTIAL PURCHASERS;
- Please note that none of the services of appliances have been tested at the property.
- PLEASE NOTE; Planning exists for the demolition of the existing property and construction of a new five unit apartment block with associated parking and generous amenity space.
Decision Form No. LA03/2021/0183/F
It is understood that this planning has been retained as building works have partially commenced. For further information, please contact the office to arrange an appointment to see the plans.